We’ve been talking about 5G for a while now. Though its launch is still being eagerly awaited in many cities, it is up and running in others. Cities including London, Birmingham, Manchester, Cardiff, Belfast and Edinburgh have already been connected on some networks. With 5G being rolled out across the busiest cities in the UK, now is a good a time as any to make sure you’re ready for it.
In our previous 5G blog post, we told you that in order to get connected on the new network, you would need a 5G device and tariff. Getting the right tariff is as simple as telling us that you’d like one and we’ll work to find you the best deal. However, personal preference has more of an impact when choosing a device.
Here’s an introduction to some of the current 5G devices that are out on the market in the UK. In no particular order…
LG V50 ThinQ
This sleek device has elegantly curved sides and a camera that is flush with the phone’s surface. This device also comes with dual screen capabilities, which is perfect for completing work or playing games.
- 6.4” OLED Full Vision Display, perfect for streaming & gaming.
- 3 rear cameras: 12MP telephoto camera, 16MP wide-angle camera and a 12MP main camera.
- 2 front cameras: 8MP main and 5MP front-facing wide camera.
- AI Cam: Uses AI technology to recommend photo-enhancing filters.
- Boombox speakers: Built for bass. Loud & electrifying.
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 Processor.
- 128GB storage.
- 4000 mAh Battery & Cooling System to handle power-hungry 5G apps.
OnePlus 7 Pro
This device has intuitive software, high-end craftsmanship and increased power. There’s also a cooling system for the battery and a camera that can cope with maintaining quality on both wide angle photos and zoomed in ones.
- 6.67” Fluid AMOLED Display: 90 Hz refresh rate and QHD+ resolution for smoothness and clarity.
- 3 cameras: 48MP main camera, 16MP ultra-wide angle lens and an 8MP telephoto lens providing 3x zoom. Plus a 16MP front camera.
- Dolby Atmos powered speakers: Dual stereo speakers to provide an immersive experience.
- In-display fingerprint unlock and face unlock options.
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 Mobile Platform, 12GB RAM and 256GB of storage.
- 4000 mAh battery & cooling capabilities: Including Warp Charge technology so you can be ready to go in 20 minutes.
With an exceptional camera and intuitive design, this device brings something new to the table. This phone has new levels of protection for the camera lens and an uninterrupted front screen. High-performance, dual frequency GPS and a cooling system are also features.
- 6.4” display with 402 ppi.
- Dual camera: 48MP main camera and additional 5MP lens. Plus a 16MP front camera.
- Ultra-night mode: Protects photos from over-exposure and provides excellent detail, even at night.
- Hidden fingerprint unlock.
- Dual frequency GPS: Guarantees location and navigation precision.
- Dolby Atmos tuned audio: Bring enhanced depth to audio, with volume levelling and voice enhancement.
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 processor and 8GB RAM.
- 3756mAh battery with heat control.
Samsung Galaxy S10
The edge to edge screen and in-screen fingerprint scanner keep your view clear. Plus, the ability to power share between devices sets this handset apart from the others.
- 6.7” Infinity-O display, providing an immersive, cinematic experience.
- Hidden fingerprint scanner.
- 4 rear cameras: 12MP telephoto camera, 12MP wide-angle camera, 16MP ultra-wide camera and 3D depth camera.
- 2 front cameras: 10MP selfie camera and depth camera.
- 8GB RAM and up to 512GB storage.
- 4500mAh battery. Device also comes with Wireless PowerShare.
Samsung Galaxy Note10+
Samsung have described this as “a mobile experience that’s like a computer, a gaming console, and a professional camera, all in one device.”
- 6.8” infinity-O Display with one small front-facing camera.
- 7nm processor and 12GB RAM, giving the user the freedom to download and stream.
- Comes with S Pen (stylus) to provide more flexibility.
- 4 rear cameras: 12MP telephoto camera, 12MP wide-angle camera, 16MP ultra-wide camera and 3D depth camera. 1 front 10MP selfie camera.
- 3500 mAh battery.
5G devices will continue to be released as the 5G network expands. Contact us today if you want to get connected on the UK’s newest and fastest network with one of these devices.